Principal, Candor International School, Bangalore
B.Ed, B.Sc (Physics), M.Sc (Physics)
Mr. Samik Ghosh has got a rich experience of over 30 +years in the field of education and has served as a principal in many international level schools. His educational philosophy is to provide creative, intellectually motivating yet stress-free and non-competitive child-friendly education. He has introduced several new projects and systems in education, co-curricular activities and administrative areas. He did his education from schooling to post graduation from Visva Bharati, Santiniketan, the university set up by Rabindranath Tagore. Mr. Ghosh is a keen sportsman and writer, with special interest in mountaineering and cricket. He has also written travelogues for a prominent Bengali literary magazine.
Mr. Ghosh was directly involved with the team of counselors and psychologists during his tenure as a Principal in mentoring young adults and finding solutions to psychological stress faced by the students and their parents. He is convinced that to be multifaceted is essential for a school educator, especially in a residential public school. According to him it enhances one's scope for interacting with the students and makes the profession exciting. Hence he always looks for new activities to participate in.
His credentials are:
- The Scindia School, Fort, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh: Principal (2009-2015))
- The Shri Ram School Senior Wing, Aravalli: Principal (2008-2009)
- Sri Nidhi International School, Hyderabad: Founder-Principal (2004-2007)
- Bombay International School : Principal (2000-2004)
- The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh (1981-2000): Dean of Boys' Department and Dean of Studies